Just like you, I used to cringe at the idea of meal replacement shakes. If anyone suggested them to me, I’d wrinkle my nose in disgust and say: “I only eat whole foods.”
I only ate whole foods till I ballooned to 210 pounds. Then I started using this 30-day system and the fat melted off. I’ve stayed within 5 pounds of my target weight of 155 ever since I hit it in August – in spite of a broken arm. I’ve done that with intermittent fasting and supplementing my whole foods with shakes, or if you prefer, supplementing my shakes with whole foods.
Add a little zing to your breakfast shake with a lemon. An easy-peasy immune booster. Start with a bullet blender cup and add to that:
- 3 or 4 ice cubes
- 1 whole organic lemon, washed and rinsed with vinegar and water, topped and tailed (stem ends discarded), then cut into 4 pieces and added to ice
- Add enough cold water to fill your bullet cup to a total 10 ounces, combined ice, lemon and water
- Add 2 scoops vanilla meal-replacement shake
- 2/3 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 scoop greens
- blend until lemon and ice are chopped up
Drink immediately. Loaded with active digestive enzymes. Yum.
- 1/4 cup muesli
- 1/4 cup wild blueberries
- 1/3 cup plain vanilla yoghurt
- 1/8 cup hemp seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate meal-replacement shake.
I chased this with a fresh peach and took an apple for a mid-afternoon snack. This is way more fruit than I usually eat, but I had an active day and easily burned the extra calories. I also snuck in a small chocolate dipped soft ice cream. Only the second one I’ve had all summer. And it’s not even summer any more!
Bake a medium sized yam, and along with that a sweet red pepper, stuffed with:
- 1/2 cup white navy beans,
- 1/8 cup hemp seed
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, chopped.
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- Sprinkle sea salt
When the yam is cooked, split it in half, dab each side with butter, then remove the bean mixture from the stuffed pepper and pile it on top of the split yam.
Using kitchen scissors, or a knife, cut the baked pepper into 3 sections and place these on top of the bean mixture, along with the top of the pepper.
Layer these stuffed yam halves, one on top of each other in a mini loaf pan, and return to the oven at 425F for another 10-15 minutes.
I had a vegan chocolate coconut almond bar for dessert. Yes. A really active day.
Delicious. Nutritious. Whole Foods. Supplemented with a little clean, nutritionally balanced, prepared foods. Makes weight maintenance easy peasy.
Everyday I fast 12 hours. Tonight I’ll start a 36-40 hour fast and won’t eat again till Friday morning.
Leave a Reply