A friend and I have been chatting about how much we love wraps, and she’s given them up saying she thinks they’re making her fat. I sometimes get big leaves of perpetual spinachin my veggie box, so decided to use those to make a wrap, rather than a soft flour tortilla. Delicious.
1/2 small, raw beetroot
1 smallish carrot
1/2 inch of fresh ginger
Mix with 100 grams of cottage cheese, and wrap in 4 large perpetual spinach leaves.
This filling would probably do 1 tightly wrapped, large flour tortilla, so with a side of fruit, it’s a nice light meal.
- Spinach (pondermountain.com)
- Eat Like Popeye! (positiveboomer.wordpress.com)
- Family recipe for flour tortillas gets healthier (sfgate.com)
- “I’m Strong To The Finish When I Eats Me Spinach” (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Flour Tortillas (angelfoodskitchen.wordpress.com)
A great idea, and a nice change from bread wraps. Love it!
Glad you like it. Yes, kind of like stuffed vine leaves 🙂 only it’s chard or spinach or whatever 🙂