“L” is for lazy, and in this case, a soup so good, I ate it all before I got a photo.
- Soak about 1/3 of cup dried chick peas, overnight
- Drain and rinse, cover with water and bring to boil.
- Simmer until just about tender. (About an hour, to an hour and a half)
- a couple inches thinly sliced leek
- about 1/4-1/2 cup chopped carrot
- equal amount of chopped char
- salt and pepper
- pinch of dried, hot red chili
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 and 1/2 tsp garam masala
- bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until almost tender
- add about 1/3-1/2 cup tart red wine
- and about a dessert spoonful Golden Syrup
- place 3 or 4 whole cabbage leaves on surface, cover and simmer
- Simmer till tender, let stand for a couple of hours, then reheat before serving.