Do you eat junk food? What’s your favorite junk food?
Pizza is probably my greatest junk food weakness. Though I never order out, rather I make it from scratch or buy a prepared tomato and cheese, thin-crust pizza and load it up with fresh garlic, spinach and mushrooms in an attempt to make it real food.
I haven’t made a pizza from scratch in a long while, Co-operative Foods do such a great ready-made, thin-crust pizza it seems unnecessary to slave over making my own pizza crust – though when I did make them, I used whole wheat flour. But you just can’t get the same texture with whole wheat as you can with the super-fine flour they use to make a proper pizza crust.
Depending on how hungry I am and what’s in the fridge, here are some of the things I like to pile on my pizzas:
- fresh mushrooms
- green olives
- fresh tomato
- anchovies (I know! not veggie…)
- sardines (yes, another fish!)
- hot green or red peppers
- rocket (arugula)
- one egg (cracked and laid to cook, sunny side up – in the centre of the pizza! Good with garlic and spinach, put it on last or it won’t cook!)
What’s your favorite junk food? Do you consider pizza junk food?
I confess, I did a junk food binge this week, and no pizza! Instead it was organic carrot cake (amazing), Gu chocolate dessert, and a package of Kinder chocolate….oh well, there’s always next week!
- the morning cram [junk food attack edition] (thefrontblog.wordpress.com)
- Impulsiveness: my emotional junk food (nicolasconnault.wordpress.com)
- And the Winner is… (naturallyaddicted.wordpress.com)
- BBQ Pizza (pkcooks.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Pizza (ritarochon.com)
- Olympic tickets to be given away as prizes by ‘junk food’ firms (mirror.co.uk)
- Get Thee Behind Me, Cookie! (Ok, CookIES, AND ice cream, AND pizza…) (planejaner.com)
- Pizza…simple…delicious (pazzaragazza.wordpress.com)