Why do you blog? What’s your goal? What do you get out of it?
I was watching a Dr.Who rerun, Utopia (Episode 11, Series 3) in which The Doctor, Martha, and Jack Harkness (Torchwood guy who comes back to life whenever he dies) have landed at the end of the universe, and also, it seems the end of time. The only remaining humans in the whole universe are waiting to travel to Utopia in a rocket that’s been built by the only other remaining timelord, The Master (who doesn’t yet know he is a Timelord.) Martha and Jack are chattering away. Martha is hopelessly infatuated with the Doctor and always jealous when previous traveling companions are mentioned, and that’s the subject of her conversation with Jack.
The Doctor chastises them for talking about senseless stuff, saying: “Here we are, just landed at the end of the universe – a zillion trillion years in the future and you two are….blogging!” He spits out the word “blogging” after pausing to think of the word to describe the inane conversation Martha and Jack are having, yet when I heard the line I thought: “Yes, exactly! That’s what blogging is! It’s an advertisement for the book rather than the book.”
What do you think? …and have you written the book?
- Judge rules against blogger in defamation case (techwag.com)
- TV Show of the Month: Torchwood (goashem.wordpress.com)
- How Companies Should Approach Popular Bloggers (theprbuzz.wordpress.com)
- The Brain of a Blogger – By Infolinks (junagadhlive.wordpress.com)
- Attention Bloggers, Get Paid When Your Readers Shop (fabsugar.com)