Yeah, I know it’s Flash Fiction Friday and I’m supposed to post a piece of flash fiction, but while looking through my notebooks I found these two poems and they really fit my current mood.
This is a blog, and I’m the editor so I’m making an editorial decision to break with the Flash Fiction Friday (after only two weeks! Yikes! and even when my stats spiked last Friday!) Sorry. I promise I’ll be back with fiction next week. Meanwhile here are two poems instead.
My Sweet Life (6-11-06)
It comes up, now and then
takes my breath away
moves me from the inside out
I don’t always want to feel it
But I let it rise up, from
inside – It’s my life
And it tastes sweet.
And this one, undated. I think possibly from about the same time. Maybe earlier. 2005. These are from old, neglected notebooks, put aside after my father’s death and during my Barcelona Blues Society years. Moving so many times, barely time to unpack the notebooks let alone open them. It’s a miracle I still have them.
Look! Listen! There’s a poem!
There’s poetry caught in her throat
Words choke on tonsils
jump through the doorway
find the path
swim upstream, become a poem.
- Writing toward resolution, and grace (aratus.typepad.com)
- Love Rain (fashionableapproach.wordpress.com)
- Poem III (whitechocolatestar.wordpress.com)
- Poems Are In My Thoughts (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- Brian Pattern (A Blade of Grass) (terripham.wordpress.com)
- Forward/Backward Poem(s)? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Another Birth ( A poem by Forugh Farrokhzad) (dagod.org)
- The Power of Voice (hungerfreechildhood.org)
love them both.
These are a couple of sweet little pieces. I especially like the quirky imagery of the second one. Nice.
Tossing It Out
Hi there, is the second poem about a poem that is trying to come out? Nice subjects to the poems. I’m glad you found them!
@traveliterature – Glad you like them. Interpretation is for the reader? It’s so long since I wrote it, I can’t remember – just one of those things scribbled in a notebook. i.e. not a consciously contrived metaphor. 🙂
The second one is my favorite. Lovely.
Thanks Jenn. Yes, I think I agree.