I need a break from the intense writing I’ve been doing in response to this A-Z Challenge! Wow! When I accepted the challenge, I had no idea what I would write about, nor did I realise that I would get into some of the topics I’ve chosen.
Each topic has popped into my head, spontaneously and intuitively, with no debate about whether or not I should write about it. And yes, that even goes for C is for C*nt, which I suspected might turn a few heads but I really did think that if someone was going to pass judgement on my respectability for having the word on my blog – complete with * replacing the ‘u’ – that they would bother to read it in the context of the blog before making their decision. It’s a sociological and linguistic discussion, for crying out loud. At least I’m not writing about it in the context of my panties (a key word for getting hits, I’ve been told!) PANTIES PANTIES PANTIES. Believe it or not, C is for C*nt has caused problems for me – but that’s a topic for another post. Maybe O for Opinion? Though I’m sincerely hoping the panties – er parties – involved come to their senses before I decide to write about the experience.
As N is for Need a Break, I’ve got a list of N words that have run through my head and, if I were not so utterly drained by the blogging I’ve done thus far, might have made it to soloing.
First up, Nirvana, the band, and this version of their hit song, Smells Like Teen Spirit
2. Nine Inch Nails, and this version of their hit song, Hurt.
3. Nina Simone, anything by her, and in this moment this song.
5. No. No is the opposite of Yes, and Yes is a much more positive word. Turning a No to a Yes is the art of negotiation.
6. Never say Never, you never know what opportunities you might shut out.
7. Needy: with a broken wrist in a cast and an upcoming move, I’m feeling pretty vulnerable and needy.
…and that’s just about it! Enjoy the videos, and linked articles. See you for O.