J is for Joy: A feeling of great pleasure or happiness.
1. Listen to or make music.
3. Lighten up.
4. Bump into neighbours from an old address, and find them carrying a beautiful 3-week old baby! Pure joy!
5. Stick your nose in a rose and draw in the scent and feel the smell in your heart.
7. Sit in nature and contemplate the life and colour in the stillness around you. This is one of my favourite pass times. It will always lift my spirits. I especially enjoy the sea. Sunday evening I went to the beach to watch the sunset. I was feeling glum. As the sun sank, the water turned from bright blue to pale, powder blue, while the shapes on the horizon took on an ethereal quality in the rising mist. By the time the sun had turned from yellow to an orange globe, I had forgotten that I had been feeling glum, and realised that as I had watched the colours change, I had experienced peace in the stillness of the moment. That was an experience of joy.
8. Help someone.
9. Smile. Laugh. Laugh till it hurts. Laugh till you cry. Smile.
10. Last but not least: Get your first blog award! Was delighted to come home and find this comment awaiting approval: